How can i package a node-red app/flow in a .exe file

Hi everyone.
I state that I am new to programming, and to node red.
I made a small application to read data from an omron plc (using fins) and write it to a csv file.
I wanted to ask you, if it was possible to package an app / flows in a flie exe using npm pkg.
This is because the app will be installed on the PC of a factory that is connected to the plc.
and in that computer I didn't want to install nodejs and I wanted to make it easy for the workers to use.
I've already seen a topic of someone using pkg and alternate-node-red-installer by TotallyInformation. I followed all the steps described but failed. i create the exe file and when i run it, nothing happens.
I've also seen electron-node-red but it's complicated for my level.

Try Node-RED Desktop | Desktop applicaiton of Node-RED. You can get a quick and easy powerful tool. and see if that does what you need

That doesn't create a packaged version of Node-RED, it helps install the standard version in a local folder structure instead of globally.

To package node-red as an application, you need the electron version or similar as Simon has indicated.

However, you could also create an npm installable package that included node-red, a pre-configured userDir folder (which is where all the settings and flow details reside). That can easily be done and pushed, say, to a private repository on GitHub and installed on any PC that has node.js installed on it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.