How do you use the Library feature?

I have been playing with Node-RED more and more and noticed there's a Library feature in the Import->Library path. When I follow the bread crumbs however, I only see a null list in the Library section.

How is this feature intended to be used and how I can start populating values into that list?

Hi @utmostGrandPoobah

You can save things to your library by selecting the nodes you want to save, then select the Export->Library menu option.

1 Like

Hi,
looking at v1.0.2, the library section in the import dialogue has a local section. Are there any plans for supporting remote libraries, e.g. in a git-repository?

The plan is to support other library sources and is one of the reasons the dialogs were redesigned with that in mind.

Exactly what the feature does will depend on the design which hasn't been looked at in detail yet.

If you have any specific requirements please do share.

We have a private git-repository, which contains our flows as individual files, from which we currently copy & paste.

As an idea: having some sort of "linkage" between the inserted flow in node-red and the flow in the library would obviously be amazing. This would enable us to log into the outdated node-red instance and simply hit "update" to implement the diff.

1 Like