How to get a Flic button to work with docker and a Pi3

I use a Flic bluetooth button connected to my Pi3.I have an issue converting from an installed node red using the bash script (Running on Raspberry Pi : Node-RED) going to a docker version. When I use the same config files used in the original node red install, everything basically works, except this node: (node-red-contrib-flic-buttons (node) - Node-RED). Both node red installs are on 3.01.

So flicd is installed and configured properly. I'm also using the pi local address in the node.

So when I use the original node red install, the flic node says: connected. When I convert to docker (with the exact same config), it says: connection closed.

How to solve this? Do I need to change something in my docker compose file, so it communicate with the flicd software installed on the same pi?

I have this docker compose to start node red:

################################################################################

# Node-RED Stack or Compose

################################################################################

# docker stack deploy node-red --compose-file docker-compose-node-red.yml

# docker-compose -f docker-compose-node-red.yml -p myNoderedProject up

version: "3.7"

services:

node-red:

image: nodered/node-red:latest

environment:

- TZ=Europe/Amsterdam

ports:

- "1880:1880"

networks:

- node-red-net

volumes:

- /mnt/DOWNLOAD/NODERED:/data

volumes:

node-red-data:

networks:

node-red-net:

Exactly which IP address did you enter in the node?

If you mean the Flic node, I've entered 192.168.1.11. That's the local ip address of that Pi. Before it was '127.0.0.1'. I also had the mqtt node not working, but changing that to that same ip address did the trick.
Port remains the same, from the top of my head: 5551

Double check the flicd config I sort of remember it used to bind to 127.0.0.1, if so change it to 0.0.0.0

Default was indeed 127.0.0.1. But I also tried 0.0.0.0, 192.168.1.11 and localhost, but that does not work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.