How to install and use alpha version of a contrib

Hello
I try to use and install google-actions 2.0.0 alpha, using this command :slight_smile:
npm install node-red-contrib-google-action@alpha
But I think that doesn't work correctly, because I get a return message :slight_smile:

root@mike-SG3-130FR-m:/usr/local/bin# npm install node-red-contrib-google-action@alpha
/usr/local/bin
โ””โ”€โ”€ node-red-contrib-google-action@2.0.0-alpha 

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/usr/local/bin/package.json'
npm WARN bin No description
npm WARN bin No repository field.
npm WARN bin No README data
npm WARN bin No license field.
root@mike-SG3-130FR-m:/usr/local/bin#

I am in the directory node-red is installed.
But it seems that the json file is not detected

I also tried to run the command in the root directory, but then, I get this :slight_smile:

root@mike-SG3-130FR-m:/# npm install node-red-contrib-google-action@alpha
mike@1.0.0 /
โ”œโ”€โ”€ node-red-contrib-google-action@2.0.0-alpha  extraneous
โ””โ”€โ”€ node-red-contrib-homekit@0.2.1 

npm WARN mike@1.0.0 No description
npm WARN mike@1.0.0 No repository field.

And then, in Node-red, I don't see the nodes ask, ect, on the new version of the contrib, even after a restart of the PC.
So, I think I make some erros, but what?
Thanks for your help

You should not be in the directory where node red is installed, but in the directory where you flow file is located. Assuming that you are running node red as user fred then on a linux system this would normally be /home/fred/.node-red.
You can find where this directory is by starting node red and looking in the startup log.

In addition to what @Colin said, after you locate the directory where your flow file is and npm install xxxxx from that directory you will need to restart node-red for it to be loaded.

thanks a lot.