Huemagic examples seem not to work

Hi, I am new to NR and have it installed in my Home Assistant.

I am trying to get going with NR and Huemagic, but I do fail already with the simplest task : getting the examples to work.
As an example, I want to get the current lux value returned from a sensor. I imnported the example for the Hue Brightness node specified the Hue bridge, and the sensor, deployed and injected on the status...
The debug window returns with: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'active')

I have no idea what that means!

There are two additional injections in the example, that seem to turn the linked sensor on or off. However, also the injection on these nodes returns the same error.

Can somebody explain to me what causes the error and how I can overcome it?

Node-Red version : 2.1.5
NodeJS version: 16.13.2-r0
node-red-contrib-huemagic version: 4.0.3

Assuming you mean node-red-contrib-huemagic then you can raise an issue on the repo with the author.

Sorry Steve, forgot the version infos wich would made it obviouse that I am referring to node-red-contrib-huemagic.

That is not a node-red version number. that is a HA plugin version (it means nothing to us here)

node-red version is in the node-red menu (top right hamburger button)

Noted, and updated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.