I have problem "Flows due to missing node types"

I had missed the fact that @Loveflowersx has now upgraded node red. The original problem was with an older node red. It was the email node giving the problem.

First of all, thank you very much for your answers. It is an important thing and I am a bit dizzy, I see that it is easy but I can't find the key.

@Colin , So I did, I stopped Node-RED and installed the pre-2.0.0 version of the email node. It didn't work...

@jbudd , 1. The IOT 2050 image is on Debian 11 and defaults to Node.js V12.12.5 and Node-RED V2.2.2. I have tried upgrading to 12.22.12 and then more upgrades and nothing.

1. You can add users other than root.

2. If it works, I can install other nodes and just that one gives me a problem.

3. The error comes up in manage palette as if something is wrong and then when I drag it to the white board you can deploy the flow but it won't connect to anything or s7 nodes, if you remove it from the white board everything works fine.

4. If you upgrade to 16.13.0 but it didn't work properly, although I don't know if I did it correctly.

I can pass you the firmware and take a look at how far you think I can update the IOT2050, in Node.js and Node-RED, if it would work.

@hardillb , Do you know if the IOT2050 with firmware V1.3.1 can be upgraded to Node.js 14 or 15 or 16? In the text that I have passed to give apt update and upgrade is updated Node-RED or update Node-RED I do not remember, although on the website comes as V2.2.2

@Colin , If the problem is the email node...only Node-RED was updated with command although on the website it runs V2.2.2.

I have no idea what that means.

To run node red 3 you need to upgrade nodejs. If you can't do that then down grade node red.

I can confirm that the email node v2.0.0 will not run with nodejs 12. So if you cannot upgrade nodejs then you will have to downgrade both node-red and the email node.
The email node version 1.19.1 also won't run with nodejs 12, but 1.19.0 does.

I will submit an issue on the node to get the readme corrected.

Thank you very much! @Colin ,

That is the problem. I installed another version of the library and it works.

At this time I have to investigate if I can update Node.JS inside the example image of the IoT2050 FS:04 basic from siemens, so that I can have the latest version of Node-RED.

Thank you all very much for your time

Why did you not install version 1.19.0 of the standard node?

That node does not have a github repository so there is nowhere to check whether there are any known issues with it.

It does not work :confused:

Which version of node-red is that with?
Did you restart node-red?

Yes, I rebooted and it didn't work...

The version I'm using works perfectly! although I don't know if I should use that one for security reasons.

If you want help, please try and answer the questions.
What version of node red are you now using?

Also please post the startup log with the failing node.

You have to wonder why the source is not on GitHub.

Sorry, I didn't realise. The version of Node-RED V2.2.2 and Node.JS 12.22.5

Right now I'm getting email working fine with the node that is not on github. I don't know if I can help you at all!

Thank you very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.