Node-RED upgrade and uibuilder update: flows stopped due to missing node types

I have just upgraded Node-RED to latest version and updated various packages in the palette including uibuilder, but it's giving this error, any ideas?

flows stopped due to missing node types
uibuilder

(I can post error log, once I have finished an Ubuntu upgrade! Just checking here whilst that goes on, in case there's an obvious answer...)

Okay now uibuilder is not giving any errors, but I'm getting these in console:

1 May 20:37:47 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-rfxcom/rfxcom] Error: The module '/home/mat/.node-red/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node'
was compiled against a different Node.js version using
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 57. This version of Node.js requires
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 64. Please try re-compiling or re-installing
the module (for instance, using npm rebuild or npm install).

1 May 20:15:47 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - rfxtrx-port
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - PT2262-device-list
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - rfx-sensor
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - rfx-lights-in
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - rfx-PT2262-out
1 May 20:15:47 - [info] - rfx-lights-out

Also, Dashboard isn't working! I get "Please add some UI nodes to your flow and redeploy."

Fixed - leaving this here in case it helps anyone else googling...

I found this post elsewhere on this forum and ran npm rebuild in my node-red directory and now everything works again, phew. No idea why or what, but it works!

1 Like

I still haven't gotten to the bottom of why that error sometimes appears. I think that it may have been a specific change between 2 versions but not sure whether that was Node-RED or (more likely) uibuilder.

Either way, you shouldn't ever get it again now that you are on the latest version.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.