ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED shows under node in palette manager

I seem to be excellent at breaking things;

Tried to install a few different SSH clients for Node-RED, most of them gave errors / didn't work in some way. One had a github issue open with an instruction to rename the node_modules folder then run npm i ... after checking I vaguely understood what this does (it's a cache folder) I was happy to go ahead and do that.

However when I restarted Node-RED and launched admin, I got this message:
Flows stopped due to missing node types. - then a massive list of pretty much all nodes I've ever used.

I waited and restarted Node-RED again and got the same warning but with a much smaller list consisting only of the following:

* rfxtrx-port
* PT2262-device-list
* rfx-sensor
* rfx-lights-in
* rfx-PT2262-out
* rfx-PT2262-in
* rfx-lights-out
* speedtest

I went to package manager and checked the rfxtrx contrib I'd installed years ago and it has an error by it: * ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED

So then I updated it, but that error didn't go away.

THEN - I googled for that error "flows stopped due to missing node types" and found out that some idiot had already posted about that and solved his own problem (yeh - that was me. Am I the only one who breaks things this way, or just the only one who can't solve the problem?!) so I followed my own instructions from over 2 years ago to run npm rebuild and restarted Node-RED but that didn't resolve the problem in this case.

Unfortunately I can't use Node-RED in the meantime as dashboard hasn't deployed, and all the inject node buttons are greyed out.

Can anyone help?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.