Return to Node-Red after a year and nothing works

Hi all,
I had been running Node-Red for a few years and have lots of flows and everthing worked fine.
My Rpi 3 died and corrupted my Influxdb data.

I have now decided to start again with Node-Red on a Pi4 and I have installed from fresh.
Now I have copied all the flows from the original Micro-SD card (they were not corrupted) and also all the modules, however vertually every flow won't run due to missing node types even though I have copied them over.

I suspect this is either to do with a much later and incompatable version of Node-Red or for some reason it is not seeing the node types.

Any pointers please?

Copy across the file package.json from the .node-red folder, cd into that folder and delete the node_modules folder. Then run
npm install
That will install all the missing nodes.

Thanks Colin,

Unfortunatly that didn't work.

I get a lot of these errors...

npm WARN old lockfile at ClientRequest. (/usr/lib/node_modules/np m/node_modules/minipass-fetch/lib/index.js:130:14)
npm WARN old lockfile at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:517:28)
npm WARN old lockfile at _destroy (node:_http_client:882:13)
npm WARN old lockfile at onSocketNT (node:_http_client:902:5)
npm WARN old lockfile at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/pr ocess/task_queues:83:21)

And a lot of these errors....

npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated is-data-descriptor@1.0.0: Please upgrade to v1.0.1
npm WARN deprecated is-data-descriptor@1.0.0: Please upgrade to v1.0.1
npm WARN deprecated is-accessor-descriptor@1.0.0: Please upgrade to v1.0.1
npm WARN deprecated debug@4.1.1: Debug versions >=3.2.0 <3.2.7 || >=4 <4.3.1 hav

Any other ideas please?

Those are just warnings. You can probably ignore them.

Hi Colin,

Unfortunatly none of the node modules would update.
I ended up removing Node-Red completely then re-installing it from scratch.
I then copied my flows over to get the same errors as before and went through each individual missing node manually adding them.
I know that npm install should have done this but it just wouldn't.
There were a few modules that I couldn't find and one such as 'ttn' which just kept failing even with a manual download direct from the node site.
I ended up deleting the flows that I could not get or update the modules for.

I found it annoying that node-red would not run ANY flows at all when there is a problem with just 1 flow, even with the offending flow being disabled, none of the others would run until that final offending flow was deleted.

Anyway, I'm up and running again now, I only lost about 10 flows in total but they were mostly just projects that didn't really do anything.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.