I need help, search within a sql database

I want to search for a certain table within the sql database, and view the contents of a certain period.
All via the nodered interface.
Do you have any advice ????

What do you mean by

databases contain tables that have rows and columns. The first thing you need to do is learn the terms used in sql so you can pose your question properly. You can take a tutorial at w3schools

To get data out of the database you will need to form a sql query and use one of the sql nodes - depending of which sql you are using - and then display the results. But here again you haven explained how you want it displayed.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

2 Likes

A database can contain multiple tables but it is not usual to search for a table. Do you mean that you don't know whether the database contains the expected table?

I guess you could try SHOW FULL TABLES; but must admit I've not tried it from within the node.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.