Implementation of Rule engine

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the rule engine. I want to work on rule engine. Please suggest me. How I can use rule engine in node red.
Just like I want to compare some threshold and generate alerts.
How i can implement this with rule engine.

Thank you

Are you referring to a particular 'rule engine' or are you asking for guidance on how, in node-red, to compare values and generate alerts?
Where do you want to generate the alerts? Send email? Display something on a dashboard? Send a notification via Telegram? Something else?

If you don't know anything about node-red then have a look at the node red essentials guide on youtube.

I know about node red. I want guidance on how to compare values and generate alerts in node red only. I want to define some rules in node red, for example equals, less then, greater then, time wise, message wise like that. Thats way I asking guidance on rule engine.
Please suggest me if any rule engine is there in node red where I can define rules and generate the alerts in node red. I don't want to send any mail or sms.

I know about node red.

I want to define some rules in node red, for example equals, less then, greater then, time wise, message wise like that.

This is what node-red is and does.

The link that Colin provided will help you on your quest, unless you are looking for something completely different, then please provide more context information.

The Switch node can be used to define rules that are checked against the message passed to it. It will pass the message on to different outputs corresponding to each rule that matches. You can then wire those outputs to whatever flow you want.

I suggest you should check the xstate node. It implements a node wrapper around the well known finite state machine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.