Is there a way to delete multiple unused configuration nodes?

Many times I import someone's flow to see if I can help and finaly delete all the tabs that they used, but this can lead to having many unused configuration nodes showing up. I know I can double click them and remove them, but when you have ten or twenty it is a pain.

Is there any way to delete them all at once? Or could I ask this as a enhancement??

[UPDATE: If you click on one, then do a 'Select All' (ctrl-A on a mac) it will select them all and you can delete them in one go.]

1 Like

@zenofmud a general redesign of the config nodes sidebar is on the todo list to address lots of these sorts of issues.

@dceejay has proposed a change that adds a single button to delete all of the unused ones. I’m holding back on that until we see if the wider redesign of the config node sidebar gets into 0.19.

3 Likes

I'm using v1.0.6, and still experience this issue.
I fully support @dceejay proposal to add a "delete all unused" button in the config sidebar.

I got another proposal that will require more clicks but a finer control (still less clicks than as-is). It is to add support of "ctrl + left click" to select multiple config node in the sidebar and add a "delete all selected" button.

(Raising old topic cause its on top of the forum search to delete config node)

Hi @kaless

you can already ctrl-click in the config node side bar to select multiple nodes, then press the delete key on your keyboard to remove them.

Then I may have spotted a bug, cause ctrl-click is not supported for me.
(using ubuntu with node-red v1.0.6 on chrome v83.0.4103.106)

The delete key is a nice touch, I should have though of trying it out earlier

Ctrl-click not working for me either with 1.1 Beta 3 on Ubuntu, Waterfox. Nothing in the browser console when I try. Ctrl-click selects but also deselects the original node.

1 Like

Ctrl-click also does not work for me
Win 10 Firefor or Chrome - does not mater

Try clicking on one of them then doing a select all - however your system/browser lets you and see if that highlights them all.

Has this been solved yet? I have a crazy number of unused config nodes and feel like a delete all should be a simple add... CTRL + click does not work for me. Node-Red is taking about 30 seconds in between simple clicks / navigations so trying to nail down if this speed issue is due to config nodes...