kevinGodell's node installation

@kevinGodell
Hi Kevin, I installed last node-red's version V3. I have to install your nodes but searhing I came across with several version and way to do it.
Just to be sure to install the last ones, could you please recap the procedure?

• kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ffmpeg-spawn
  • kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-mp4frag
  • kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ui-mp4frag

Thank you so much

Unfortunately, they were never published to npmjs .com, yet. So, they exist only as a github repo, which requires you to also have git installed on your system. To install, you have at least 2 options, using npm or yarn. Firstly, you must get into the command line and go to your user's node-red directory, which is usually at .node-red. If using a different directory structure, then adjust as to use the location where package.json lives. Then, run the following command using npm or yarn. If you are not sure if you are using yarn or npm, then you are probably using npm.

npm

npm install kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ffmpeg-spawn kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-mp4frag kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ui-mp4frag

yarn

yarn add kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ffmpeg-spawn kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-mp4frag kevinGodell/node-red-contrib-ui-mp4frag

Also, I had just set up a new pi 4 8gb with pi os lite 64 and node-red v3 and the nodes still worked for me.

Thanks so much Kevin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.