[LINK OUT & LINK CALL] Usability Requests

Sure. I had the same concerns. There're a lot of topics in this thread - which should be split into separate PRs, bundled by topic.

Yeah, that's where I went wrong. Sorry about that. Should've made separate requests for each one.

But.. what is a PR (sorry, must be something very obvious I'm missing..) and why shouldn't sorting be part of any intial thingy of this? And if not initial, then when? And what are these UX concerns you speak of ..?
Just me being curious.. :slight_smile:

Thanks! DenW

A PR is a Pull Request - which, in plain english, is how specific code changes get proposed, reviewed and then merged into the code base.

If all of these changes are made in a single Pull Request, then it becomes a case of either they all get accepted, or they all get rejected... and if any individual part needs more work, it holds up merging the changes for the other bits that are other wise good to go.

It also makes it easier for the person reviewing the changes if they are broken up into smaller pieces.

That's up to whoever chooses to spend time implementing the features. As it appears that @ralphwetzel has made a good start on this, my prompt to him was to not try to do it all in one go.

2 Likes

@knolleary
Thanks for the explanation! :sunglasses:
Feeling a bit like a noob here..

So, should I split the request and make Change Request for each of them? Happy to do that if it speeds things along..

DenW

Not necessary - at least from my perspective. This thread is great to collect all those current proposals around the link xx nodes; when transfering these into PRs, we'll pull the topics apart...

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.