Lost ability to size the layout on Dashboard

With my flows I was able to size the dashboard items on the Layout tab. The individual boxes had a 'locker' (upper right corner) and arrows (lower right corner). Only with the locker closed the arrows appeared.
Suddenly I lost the arrows, toggling the locker (open/close) will not bring up the arrows, so resizing isn't possible anymore.
It's only with one specific flow ... any idea what had happen here ?

I'm on:
Node-RED version: v3.0.2/ Node.js version: v19.3.0 / Linux 5.10.103-v7+ arm LE

What is the width of the dashboard group ? what is 1 widget size in pixels?

Are you asking for the "dashboard" groups width that's set with the Editor? That is 5 for 4 groups. They scale fine with changing the browser window (e.g. also changing PC screen and mobile device).

To get the values in pixel for the dashboard and/or the groups I could use the browser tools, but does that help?

There is a known problem with the layout editor, it can't cope with layouts wider than a certain size (about 30 widget units?) Your problem may be related to this.
Also it's probably worth rebooting the Node-red server and clearing the browser cache.

The width of a widget is specified here:

Thanks for pointing to the "SET" tab, but I think my 4 groups each with 5 or 6 boxes width should not be to much.
Also restarting the whole RPI/NR didn't fixed it.
I have started NR also on another port, imported the flows there and don't have the issue there.
Will start over with a new port 1880 and fresh .node-red directory.
(reporting back later today ... :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

Did you try clearing the browser cache (via the menus)? Also worth trying a different browser if you have a choice, as a test. Sometimes browsers get confused and end up serving old components.

1 Like

Thanks @Colin :smile:
Next time I have such problems, I will remember your advice!

Had already restarted the whole NR with an empty .node-red directory ... and the problem was gone.

OK, glad it is working again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.