"Lost connection to server error" docker instance on synology

Hi All
I'm a complete newbee concerning Node-Red, I installed the version v4.0.2 on my synology in a 'container' (used to be docker). I tried my first steps by adding an 'inject' and a 'debug' and I deployed it....but unfortunally I receive a 'lost connection to server' message.

My docker instance shows no errors

The docker instance runs in 'bridge' mode. And within 'home automation' (also running as bridge instance in docker on the synology) I have installed the available repository.

What can be wrong? What to check? And where? I'm a windows user :sweat_smile:, so I need some detailed info when checking the synology (in a terminal).
Thanks for any help in advance.

Ludo

Hi All

It looks like an issue with firefox. When opening in microsoft edge all is working. In firefox I also don't see the possibility to 'click' the 'insert' node. So something is 'fishy' with mozilla firefox.

How to contact the development team?
With kind regards

Ludo

Welcome to the forums @ljlhouben

The core team are here often, give it time.

:sweat_smile: when going directly to the IP port in firefox it is also working also as intended. So it looks like a problem in combination with my reverse proxy.

Regards,

Ludo

The problem lied within the reverse proxy settings in my synology. The 'websocket' connection was not handled by the reverse proxy.

To solve it, within the synology go to the reverse proxy and select the entry for your node-red instance. Go to the tab 'custom header'. Here select 'create' \ 'Websocket'. Two entries will be added (upgrade and connection). Save the change and everything should be working now.

Regards

Ludo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.