Manage Palette: Is it possible to create a custom node set and don't let the user to disable them

Hi!
Manage Palette: Is it possible to create a custom node set and don't let the user to disable them?

Hi @ebimohi,

Not to my knowledge.

The only way it can’t be disabled, is when it’s in use in the flow.

Personally, if I installed a node, and it won’t let me disable, remove it or attempted to make it difficult - I will quickly be cleaning my system of all traces of it, and will put questions to the author. :grin:

Even if you prevented removal via the UI the user could still do it manually using npm.

1 Like

Hi @marcus-j-davies I know what your concern is and what you are raising, anyway I think managing specific packages can be done in the setting.js file with allowList and denyList which I am not sure how exactly I can achieve this and I asked for it here. In our project, we have some users in the system which they don't have the enough knowledge regarding the platform and they just remove an important package carelessly.

PS: I was able to add packages to denyList which works fine!

Hi @ebimohi

Introducing the setting of nodesDir in the settings.js file.

This is a directory of additional nodes that are “baked” into the editor.

I think these can’t be removed via the UI

See : node-red/packages/node_modules/node-red/settings.js at 29b128e5e0d319ad70c49fe59f729108eef5038c · node-red/node-red · GitHub