Migrated NR from homeassistant to standalone on Windows pc "extra key errors"

I had Node red running on my Home assistant VM but wanted to run Node-Red as a standalone app on my PC. I have Node red installed on my PC and the server portion configured with a long-lived token and it seems to be conected as expected.
When I try to migrate my flows from homeassistant it does not go smoothly.
This is the most serious error that seems to pop up with all flows I try to migrate. This flow works fine on the Homeassistant instance of Node-red (Version 3.1.0)
Windows version is 3.1.3
node --version; npm --version
v20.10.0

This is output from the debug

12/11/2023, 4:18:01 PM[node: Turn Desk light on](http://localhost:1880/#)msg : error

"HomeAssistantError: extra keys not allowed @ data['return_response']. Got False"
[{"id":"591aeb8b268f674c","type":"api-call-service","z":"b11879e99d2f9caf","name":"Turn Desk light on","server":"2bd78eedc8e24927","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"switch","service":"turn_on","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":430,"y":150,"wires":[["65e4e59a02d966eb"]]},{"id":"2bd78eedc8e24927","type":"server","name":"BMAC","version":5,"addon":false,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":"30","areaSelector":"friendlyName","deviceSelector":"friendlyName","entitySelector":"friendlyName","statusSeparator":": ","statusYear":"hidden","statusMonth":"short","statusDay":"numeric","statusHourCycle":"default","statusTimeFormat":"h:m","enableGlobalContextStore":false}]

Thanks for any assistance.

Welcome to the forum @wrmac

Is the api-call-service node a Home Assistant node? If so then you cannot use it if you are using node red without HA.

@ Colin Thank you and....hmmm
I am not sure I understand your question but I will give it a shot. I am running HA and I am running the above flow succeccfully in the HA instance of Node-Red.
I installed NR on my windows PC and imported the flow. I configured the server section of the flow with a long-lived token and I am able to connect to HA from the windows NR instance.
The "Deck Light off" node runs fine on the Windows NR instance.

Does that help?

It seems odd if Node-red is truly standalone that your Home Assistant nodes show up in the palette.

This is what I see if I import a flow with HA nodes into Node-red

It looks like your NR is accepting statuses from HA but HA not accepting commands from NR.

Can you explain what you mean by "I configured the server section of the flow with a long-lived token and I am able to connect to HA from the windows NR instance."?

@jbudd you have to load the HA pallets on your windows instance of NR in order to use it with HA. IE.
Following is from windows pallet notice a newer version
node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket
[ 32 nodes]

Following is from Homeassistant pallet notice a older version
node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket
[ 32 nodes]

I created a basic Flow included below.The following is a screen cap from the HA instance of NR. The server is accessed via http just like the windows instance of NR.

The following screen cap is from the windows instance of NR. It is an exact copy of the flows

This is the code for the simple flow.

[{"id":"4a3cb5c0a7470c10","type":"debug","z":"0bc69de9b5133f58","name":"debug trigger","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":255,"y":255,"wires":[]},{"id":"2323258f42f90fb9","type":"inject","z":"0bc69de9b5133f58","name":"Trigger","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"Hello","payloadType":"str","x":80,"y":200,"wires":[["54979da0d2f2068b","4a3cb5c0a7470c10"]]},{"id":"54979da0d2f2068b","type":"api-call-service","z":"0bc69de9b5133f58","name":"Toggle switch","server":"2bd78eedc8e24927","version":5,"debugenabled":true,"domain":"switch","service":"toggle","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":["switch.desk_lamp"],"data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","x":255,"y":145,"wires":[["688f7e9fdaf2e2f7"]]},{"id":"688f7e9fdaf2e2f7","type":"debug","z":"0bc69de9b5133f58","name":"Debug","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":455,"y":145,"wires":[]},{"id":"2bd78eedc8e24927","type":"server","name":"BMAC","version":5,"addon":false,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":"5","areaSelector":"friendlyName","deviceSelector":"friendlyName","entitySelector":"friendlyName","statusSeparator":":","statusYear":"hidden","statusMonth":"short","statusDay":"numeric","statusHourCycle":"default","statusTimeFormat":"h:m","enableGlobalContextStore":false}]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.