Missing node in palette (node-red-contrib-grpc)?

Hello

I am new to Node-Red and am currently working on implementing a gRPC server using the node-red-contrib-grpc wrapper. After installing the package, the palette manager shows that all 5 nodes are available. However, when I go to the Node-RED editor, I cannot find the grpc-server node in my node palette; the other 4 nodes show up as expected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Thank you for the help!

Os - Debian 12
Node - v20.13.1
Node-Red - v3.1.9

(I was also able to replicate the problem on Windows 10, node-red v3.1.6 and node v20.11.1)

Hi, welcome to the forum

It is likely a config node.

When you add a grpc-register-function node to the editor and open its edit panel, you will see a place to select/create a grpc-server

See docs: Configuration nodes : Node-RED

Based on this and your question, i suspect you would do yourself a favour to pick up a few pointers on Node-RED

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

1 Like

Thank you very much!:slight_smile:
I'll check out the playlist right away!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.