Mqtt client connection to a remote mosquitto broker

Hi,
I want to send my temperature sensor data on a remote sensor. Node Red , mosquitto broker has been installed already.
I am accessing my remote Server by using vpn. My mqtt Client is connected to my home Network.

Remote Server IP : 138.246.234.68
mqtt Client IP: 10.154.241.2

I am trying to send data from Client to remote Server but no way. Need your help.

Thank you.

1 Like

It's probably best to provide more detailed information.

You say:

Node Red , mosquitto broker has been installed already.

Installed on what?

You say:

My mqtt Client is connected to my home Network

Connected how?

You conclude:

I am trying to send data from Client to remote Server but no way. Need your help.

MQTT is a publish and subscribe paradigm. Your client (whatever it is) needs to get that sensor data to an MQTT client with a topic and maybe some security credentials for your MQTT broker.

Your MQTT broker is using a userid and password (basic authentication) or open?

Details matter, unfortunately.

You have posted, but have not provided many details, to be honest.

Case 1:
i was sending a senosr data from mqtt Client (Arduino+ethernetshield+dht11) to mqtt Broker(PC). In this case my mqtt Client and mqtt broker (PC) were connected to my home router. It worked fine.

Case 2:
Now my mqtt broker is not on my PC. It is installed on a remote Server. It means now my mqtt Client and mqtt broker are not connected to same Network.
How can i send data now?
Note: 1883 port on remote Server is open

You simply send the data to the remote MQTT broker.

You avoided all details about the remote MQTT server. Does it require a username and a password, etc.

Can you pub/sub to it using an MQTT tool locally or on your mobile?

Details matter. Sorry to keep repeating this.

When you / we have the details, the solution will be easy (generally speaking).

2 Likes

A number of my IoT students make use of (the FREE plan with) BeeBotte for their remote MQTT broker.

https://beebotte.com/

It's very easy to set up and works really well with Nod-RED.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.