New to Node-RED | Need help about HMI

I am a beginner in I.T. field, this is my 3rd week as a trainee in this company(IT solutions) my supervisor told me to start playing with node-red and grafana dashboard start from this task: I have to pull this data from HMI to show in the dashboard. I have no idea how to start

I tried to use Modbus-Read node to get those numbers on screen to show on debug node but nothing happened, please guide me I am an absolutely beginner.

Thank you in advance,
with love from Thailand.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Once you have watched the videos Colin has suggested, you will need to look at what protocols the device supports then look in the flows library & search this forum for some ideas.

That device has modbus capability. node-red can talk to modbus, is the device on a network & accessible from your node-red server?

Alternatively, is the device connected to a PLC? Are the L1~L3 values written in the PLC? What type of PLC? What communication protocols does the PLC use? If the registers are written to a PLC - then you could communicate to the PLC instead.

These ↑ are first steps once you have an idea of how to use node-red.

the device isn't connected to PLC, only with ethernet cable.
L1 - L3 values are in the HMI monitor.
If the values is not written in the PLC and the HMI moniter isn't connected to PLC.

Is it possible to get those values to show on the dashboard by Node-RED?
I tried using Node-RED to communicate with this HMI but there is no value sending back to my debug node.

What HMI? Are you talking about the LCD readout on that unit?

Yes, if you can establish communication using one of the protocols the manual says it supports (modbus would be the easiest)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.