๐ŸŽ‰ Node-RED 1.0.0-beta.2 released

All reported issues fixed:

• :white_check_mark: TypedInput is broken for Boolean type
  • :white_check_mark: Pinned Debug message background
  • :white_check_mark: TreeList Children api
  • :white_check_mark: Status icon not being drawn

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming.

3 Likes

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or this could be really something to look at...

1 - Build the most bassic flow
2- try to export to library

Nothing happens when clicking buttom Export to library

I tried in a windows machine as well as on a Raspberry.

Any errors in the browser log?

Same happened to me and then I realised we have to click on local before clicking on export

1 Like

@knolleary, yes Nick. See below:

but it works as @cymplecy well noted (tks Simon).

Fixed:

• :white_check_mark: Library browser now auto-selects first entry in the list to avoid that error
3 Likes

Hi Nick,
Just wondering when you say the various 'issues' have been 'fixed'...
Do I have to wait for the next beta release to get them??

Don't know if it has been fixed together with "Library browser now auto-selects first entry" fix so

Export editor if trying to Download the flow, error in browser and no functionality.

error

Thanks for reporting - fixed:

• :white_check_mark: Library export download button

Yes. You don't get the fixes until we release them. We'll be refreshing the beta once a week (or there abouts).

I've upgraded to Node-RED v1.0.0-beta.2
I am seeing strange dropdown rendering behavior using the UDP in / out and TCP in/out/request nodes. I tested my local flow in both Firefox and Chrome and see the blank dropdown fields in both browsers. I have reinstalled node-red-bluemix-nodes v1.1.10 and still see the issue.

Thanks for reporting @johnwalicki. That is odd; I don't think we've seen that with other modules that provide their own i18n messages. Will investigate.

do we have udp and tcp on bluemix ? If so they would be their own nodes so may never have been i18n

Yes - The UDP / TCP nodes render correctly on IBM Cloud (running Node-RED v0.20-5). I have not tried to install Node-RED v1.0 Beta on IBM Cloud yet.

Does that mean you have installed node-red-bluemix-nodes locally? That module is not really intended for local use as a lot of the nodes assume they are running in the IBM Cloud environment. Did the module work locally prior to 1.0?

Yes, node-red-bluemix-nodes works locally. I only mention it because that's what provides the UDP and TCP nodes. I need the UDP node to control the drone. I can roll back to Node-RED v0.20 to test again.

Well no - the core node-red palette includes UDP/TCP nodes. You do not need bluemix-nodes installed to have them available. The bluemix-nodes module provides custom versions of those nodes for the IBM Cloud environment - and the bluemix-settings.js file is configured to block loading of the core tcp/udp nodes so they don't clash.

Hi i installed node-red version v 0.20.5 on a raspberry pi 3b+ with the latest raspbian stretch desktop
with this command:
bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/raspbian-deb-package/master/resources/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

When i enter to upgrade to the latest beta:
sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@next
i get: sudo: npm: opdracht niet gevonden

i read that i had to specify @next, do i have to type something else, so what?

Interesting! I didn't know there were two versions of the UDP/TCP nodes. Independent of my v1.0 bug report, on my local instance, I'll flip back to the core Node-RED palette nodes. Regardless, it looks like a rendering / i18n bug in node-red-watson-nodes with Node-RED v1.0

That says that the npm command isn't found which is a bit odd if the bash install script ran OK.
what does node -v report ?