🎉 Node-RED 1.1.0-beta.3 released

Slightly sooner than planned, we've have just released the third beta release of Node-RED 1.1.0

This fixes all of the reported rendering issues from yesterday's beta.

Fixed in this release

• Fix wiring nodes from input back to output (including on touch-screens)
  • Fix sometimes unable to keyboard-move group to left/up
  • Fix group position in outliner
  • Handle unknown nodes with no icon
  • Prevent node creep when switching tabs

Not yet fixed

• Node icons turning blue randomly (think this is due to the latest Chrome changing its default form/focus CSS)

Installing the beta

If you want to try out the beta, you will need specify node-red@next when you use npm to update. Without the @next you'll still get 1.0.x.

So on a Pi you'd do:

sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@next

Reporting problems

If you hit any problems, please report them either as a reply on this topic, or in the #dev slack channel. Please do not post new topics to the forum regarding the beta as that could confuse users who are not using the beta.

Outstanding work

Sort options on the outliner

Planning to add options to select how the items in the outliner tree are sorted

Add examples flows for the core nodes

We have three PRs still being reviewed that include around 60 example flows for the core nodes... hoping to get them all in.

Documentation

Need to update the docs and user guide to cover the new features.

11 Likes

Thanks Nick, time to round up them escaped nodes!

3 Likes

Excellent stuff, working well for me so far.

1 Like

@ristomatti i did fix the basic wiring issues you reported on Android. I also noticed how the workspace scrolled whilst dragging nodes/wires around - that's not much fun. Will see if we can improve that. But it should now be just as functional as 1.0 was.

Technical stuff all OK so far
Got a comment on grouping - I'd vote for having the label default to show instead of hide

This is due to me adding the name - pressing deploy and then realising I needed to show as well.

1 Like

Thanks, I already tested and everything is working as before! And thanks also for taking a note on the scrolling issue. I was just planning on creating a separate post about it / considering taking a look at the code. I would like to mention also deleting wires via touch interface but that's more of a feature request than a bug. I can create a post about that to keep track if it'd help?

1 Like

Already doable - long press on a wire to bring up the radial-menu, and select delete.

If you wanted to pool your feedback on the touch-screen experience into a new topic, that would be good.

2 Likes

I haven't been able to summon the menu over a wire at any point, hence reporting. But I'll create a separate topic once I come up with the next big annoyance. I've already created one which hasn't received any comments: Tablet - node long press menu "select" to select nodes in flow

1 Like

I have an instance of node-red-node-suncalc that reports invalid configuration (similar to the UI
nodes with beta.1, now fixed in beta.3) suncalc version is the latest 1.0.1.

If I hover over the triangle it reports soff and eoff as invalid properties.

Works for me on ios the long press to select a wire and open the context menu.

Ok strange, then it might be an Android issue... Or the fact my tablet is running an old Android version like 5.0 or something (not upgradable anymore).

LineageOS?

1 Like

Last time I checked I could've upgraded only to a single version newer using a custom ROM. I pretty much only use Opera, Kindle and YouTube so the benefits wouldn't be worth the trouble I think. Thanks for the tip anyway, I'll need to check if I change my mind.

But this is way off topic, my apologies.

so yes - Android 5 is lower on the list than IE11,,,

2 Likes

NR on Win10/Chromium on Pi4 browser

Did CTRL-A to select all nodes - clicked and dragged on the On Device Activity node to move them down - some wires didn't come with the nodes
Did browser empty cache and hard reload - did the same again

Firefox 76.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04
firefox
labels are not centered. (console not showing something in particular)

With chrome everything is centered.

Confirmed on Firefox on Win10
(see previous post for comparison with Chromium on Pi4)

1 Like

this commit https://github.com/node-red/node-red/commit/61d9ccf26328ab77db374c0f7331b7850f2adeaa broke it (so was already in beta 2, for some reason I haven't noticed it back then)

I have just noticed an issue with disabled debug nodes. On a browser refresh disabled nodes show with the button on the right pushed in, but the centre still shows green. Moving the mouse over the button clears it. I see that it also affects others as it is visible in @cymplecy's image above, the FILTERED node is disabled but the button is filled in.

• Label misaligned in FF - fixed
  • Debug toggle button initial state wrong - fixed
3 Likes