Fix wiring nodes from input back to output (including on touch-screens)
Fix sometimes unable to keyboard-move group to left/up
Fix group position in outliner
Handle unknown nodes with no icon
Prevent node creep when switching tabs
Not yet fixed
Node icons turning blue randomly (think this is due to the latest Chrome changing its default form/focus CSS)
Installing the beta
If you want to try out the beta, you will need specify node-red@next when you use npm to update. Without the @next you'll still get 1.0.x.
So on a Pi you'd do:
sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@next
If you hit any problems, please report them either as a reply on this topic, or in the #dev slack channel. Please do not post new topics to the forum regarding the beta as that could confuse users who are not using the beta.
Sort options on the outliner
Planning to add options to select how the items in the outliner tree are sorted
Add examples flows for the core nodes
We have three PRs still being reviewed that include around 60 example flows for the core nodes... hoping to get them all in.
Need to update the docs and user guide to cover the new features.
@ristomatti i did fix the basic wiring issues you reported on Android. I also noticed how the workspace scrolled whilst dragging nodes/wires around - that's not much fun. Will see if we can improve that. But it should now be just as functional as 1.0 was.
Thanks, I already tested and everything is working as before! And thanks also for taking a note on the scrolling issue. I was just planning on creating a separate post about it / considering taking a look at the code. I would like to mention also deleting wires via touch interface but that's more of a feature request than a bug. I can create a post about that to keep track if it'd help?
Last time I checked I could've upgraded only to a single version newer using a custom ROM. I pretty much only use Opera, Kindle and YouTube so the benefits wouldn't be worth the trouble I think. Thanks for the tip anyway, I'll need to check if I change my mind.
Did CTRL-A to select all nodes - clicked and dragged on the On Device Activity node to move them down - some wires didn't come with the nodes
Did browser empty cache and hard reload - did the same again
I have just noticed an issue with disabled debug nodes. On a browser refresh disabled nodes show with the button on the right pushed in, but the centre still shows green. Moving the mouse over the button clears it. I see that it also affects others as it is visible in @cymplecy's image above, the FILTERED node is disabled but the button is filled in.