🎉 Node-RED 1.1.0-beta.3 released

[minor]I removed the name from a group and deployed but its still showing last text used

confirmed - and yes show label as default would make sense (as it is blank you won't see it and it doesn't affect the sizing) (imho)

2 Likes

Don't seem to be able to drop a group inside another group - should I be able to?

No. As it stands, you can only drag a node into a group. Not planning on changing that before 1.1.0

1 Like

Can I ask if anyone else testing the betas is running it on Windows?

[Feature Request] Just a minor idea - if debug node status not set to automatic or msg.payload - change colour/shape of status icon as a hint that its in not necessarily showing msg.payload e.g non-standard mode
e.g top node is showing a non-standard status but bottom is just msg.payload - it would be nice to have a hint that they are showing different things

1 Like

Doesn't the label show what it is showing ?

My edit to my post passed your reply - hope this explains the use case better

Not if I've labelled them

I suppose we could revert this feature so it only showed what the debug shows to make it less confusing ?

NOooooooooooooo......................................................

I withdraw my FE immediately :slight_smile:

Thought I would give 1.1.0-beta.3 a try but I got a lot of issues, to many to go into now as my time is very limited for today and the next few days, so I reverted back to 1.0.6 which runs without issue.
So my question ... I am running with node v8.11.3 for a couple of reasons, is this likely to be part of my problems with 1.1.0-beta.3 or can I discount that as a potential problem.

Without any hint what sort of errors you were seeing it's hard to say.

Node 8.x is no longer supported by node.js. We do still support running Node-RED on it, but we do assume you'll be up to date - the last node 8 build was 8.17.something. We do recommend upgrading to the current node LTS release - 12.x.

But as I said, without any indication as to what sorts of issues you hit, it's hard to say.

Further glitches

Link node show red outline selected but side pane change when I click on other nodes - also can't drag link node down (which is what set this off)

One thing “bugs” me in this release and that is the outliner view that shows node-info in its split view, which does not much add much value (besides, the initial default node info view is collapsed ), i would rather see the outliner+debug in a single tab, or outliner+selected node documentation. Am i alone?

So far, I've not had time to look at it to see what is does.

Busy reporting gitches with editor

I do find its slowing me down having to remember not to press on i tab when I just want a node help text

Won't effect new uses but its a major UI change for an old codger like myself :slight_smile:

Sorry, busy week so a bit behind. But yes, I am.

Yup :smile: I'm happy with it as is.

I have a different usability issue with groups but I'm certainly not raising that now as it looks like Nick and Dave have plenty on their plates for the moment. I think we need to get this release stable.

And your not seeing the editing issues I'm having?

Not had time to check yet. Just updated to b3.

Please hammer it in the editor - create groups and see if you get the glitches I'm seeing

confirmed

Not seeing that.

Not seeing those.

Not seeing any errors there.

In case it matters, I'm using the dev version of Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based of course).

2 Likes