🎉 Node-RED 1.2.9 released

Update: Node-RED 1.2.9 is now available.

One of the fixes in 1.2.8 attempted to validate the language parameter passed into the api to ensure only valid values were used. That code was overly restrictive and treated some valid language codes as invalid. My apologies to our Latin American/Caribbean users who speak es-419

Node-RED 1.2.8 is now available for your enjoyment.

Full release details in the changelog: Release 1.2.8: Maintenance Release · node-red/node-red · GitHub

I had hoped we'd get 1.3-beta released by the end of this week, but that is looking unlikely - there are a couple pieces that we're still working on that I would like to get in before we release the beta. So stay tuned - it won't be too much longer.

17 Likes

Is it only me having problems with rearranging groups?
Cursor is changed but clicking/holding mouse button is not working.

Hi @samezrp - there have been some others reporting similar problems with the Dashboard, but as that is Node-RED Dashboard and not related to Node-RED 1.2.8, you may want to start a new topic.

I notice . node status does not show 0 (Zero), I know this was fixed back in 2019 and it works on node-red 1.1.3 but not on node-red 1.2.8 or 1.2.9 (they are the only versions I can test)

msg.payload=0;
node.status({text:msg.payload});

indeed - though node.status(msg.payload); works...
as does node.status({text:""+msg.payload});

So to be clear, should I change my stuff to 'indeed ..' or 'as does ..' or is it a bug that will get fixed in some future version.

it will get fixed at some point - but if you need it working now then you can change it.

ok thanks ill leave it as is then because I don't know how many instances I have in all my flows and no time to look from them, I only came across it because I was debugging one particular flow and thought I had no output from a previous node.

If you can, please raise an issue so it doesn't get forgotten about.

PR here - fix numeric status not displaying by ensuring it's a string by dceejay · Pull Request #2859 · node-red/node-red · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.