🎉 Node-RED 3.0.0-beta.3 released

WTH?

Can you check the browser console please Paul, see if there are any errors?

Then after that, restart node-red & refresh browser cache?

Also, list any chrome add-ins you might have running?

Lastly, if still no good, could you share your contrib nodes (and plugins) please?

Ta.

Browser console reports;

[Violation] 'mousedown' handler took 265ms
[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'touchstart' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5745543795965952

Restart node-RED - still the same
Tried 'incognito' browser window, and works OK :grin:
So must have been a browser caching issue, which didn't clear when using F5, but shift-F5 did clear the problem.

(The click-right menu issue mentioned above still persists)

There's a visual glitch at the right-hand sidebar content selector.
Chrome (Version 102.0.5005.115) & FireFox (101.0.1 ) & Safari (Version 15.5) on MacOs

1 Like

I was about to raise an issue about this. I noticed the same in the visual editor.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 3.15.05 PM

Please do get it raised as an issue.

1 Like

Ctrl + click to add a node issue happens to me also
doesn't show when you are at the top of the flow but
it happens when we scroll further down the flow and ctlr-click
(tested firefox - chrome)

Ooh, yes. I scrolled down the page then did ctrl-click and got this:

Latest version of Edge on Windows 10. NR has been restarted and the cache cleared. No errors in the browser dev console.

I should say that I have a slightly adjusted colour scheme but nothing drastic, just tones down some of the bright white.

If I click to add an inject node, the display returns to the expected one.

Please could one of you raise an issue for this (ctrl-click disappearing nodes when scrolled)

Not that it helps, but no obvious issues with the right click context menu on my chromebook (connecting to a clean install of the node-red beta on ubuntu to ensure no 'garbage' in the config).

And as a bonus, I can now easily make junctions, which I couldn't before in beta2 with the keyboard/mouse shortcut route (on a chromebook).

Another topic concerning the (new) right-click menu: Shouldn't the menu disappear when we change the selected "context"?

• Initial right click on blank canvas -> menu appears.
  • Left click on debug node -> changing context ... yet the menu is still shown.

tester

Now fixed in git:

• menu icon padding
  • quick-add dialog positioning when scrolled
  • cannot type a space in the JSON visual editor

Still need to investigate the cross platform issues with the right click menu.

1 Like

If and when you do add this, can it be made export / importable? (Future note).

3.0.0-beta.3 Docker containers are built.

Please read the following announcement about Python in these builds

2 Likes

Is there a command I can run to revert to beta2?

try

sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@3.0.0-beta.2

ps. but why revert .. better keep the latest beta 3 and report any issue you notice

3 Likes

I am using Safari and it is working.

Perhaps related: I cannot type an @ via option + l (Small letter 'L') on Mac ... in any of the input fields (might it be code of a function node or just to define a label). Confirmed to be OK on 2.2.2.

No problem on my mac, with chip apple M1

Some additional information: I guess this effect is related to the (keyboard) shortcut system of node-red. v3.0 introduces new shortcuts, in that special case "option + l" - which wasn't used in v2.2.2. Those shortcuts are always present ... and block the standard keyboard operation when typing into an input field.

An example: Open a function node, put the focus into the script editor field ... and push "option + w". This should create the letter "∑" - it yet hides the current flow! I can reproduce that behaviour in v2.2.2 as well as v3.0-beta.

Preliminary summary: This is not a distinct v3.0 issue - but rather a general node-red (design?) topic. Despite I'm uncertain if this behavior is intended or documented, it feels wrong for me. Let me propose to raise an issue "Mac: Keyboard shortcuts always active; prevent standard keyboard operation in input fields." Any better denomination welcome.

No, it erases the flow I'm on. I tried it on my flows, with the result that they are all deleted.
If a copy is not saved, they are gone forever.

Be careful with (option + w) on Mac.

Correction, I found out they have been hidden.