🎉 Node-RED 3.1.0-beta.2 released

Happens on Mac using Safari, FireFox and Chrome

Erm, I also have Windows 11 and Edge and it happens here. Node-RED on Raspberry Pi

A small thing but downgrading causes an error:

0|Node-RED  | 4 Apr 16:55:26 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
0|Node-RED  | 4 Apr 16:55:26 - [info]  - global-config

I had to restart in safe mode and remove the config node which was marked as an unknown type.

I saw that too, but then I could not replicate it, so I was not sure it was related to the downgrade. I did not try very hard though.

You don't need to start in safe mode though, it effectively starts in safe mode itself since it is waiting for the missing node.

1 Like

The beta introduces a new config node to store the globally scoped environment variables. It only gets added if you open the editor settings dialog (possibly only if you add a global env var, I don't recall the precise logic involved)

1 Like

If I click on the Menu button (sandwich, on the top right), then on Manage Pallete and then on Close, the Deploy button becomes active, although it shouldn't be yet.

This is due to the new global-config node being added when closing the settings dialog (because that's where the global env vars are set.

However it should only be adding the node if there are env vars to be saved. Will get that fixed.

1 Like

I raised this elsewhere not realising it might be related to the beta - https://discourse.nodered.org/t/editor-zoomed-in-or-out-cannot-drag-a-node-into-existing-wire/77563

MQTT oddity using Safari (FireFox and Chrome are ok)
Mac mini M1 - Ventura v13.3.1 - Safari v16.4

• When I open the MQTT-in node, the Action and Output options are not showing
  • When I open the MQTT-out node, the 'RetainandProtocol` options are not showing

fine using Mac mini (Late 2012) - Mojave v10.14.6 - Safari v14.1.2

I think you will find this is present on earlier node-red versions and that you have recently updated safari

2 Likes

Any news regarding the proper release of the latest?

Any news about Node-RED 3.1.0-beta.3 ?

1 Like