Node-RED and Docker, how to populate the nodes & flows that are in manage Pallete menu?

Hi,

Quick background ... i have been running Node-RED faultlessly for 5 years on RPI with SQLite .
It did struggle to run when the database had 10,00's of rows.

Lately I need to upgrade an Alexa node for it to continue to work as amazon do change things a lot and the node needs to be upgraded often.

So on the RPI i found I needed to use a newer node.js, this i did and the RPI no longer worked, I did get it working again but took many hours and back to how it was !

This prompt me to get a more powerful PC to run Node-RED and my database on. I am now using Intel NUC.

Then I thought this is the ideal time to use Docker as I want to try different flows and nodes out before committing then to the Host PC running my home automation. This has been done on a different PC and has been invaluable at testing flows etc. :grinning:

I am running Docker desktop with external volumes.
I have had a problem creating a Dockerfile to work with Node-RED.
[Node-RED & dockerfile, can make folder, cannot add text file to it?]

At the moment I want to stay with Docker desktop as I can see the advantages, but I do need to get it working as I want with the mange palette pre-populated ... etc.

Thanks