Node-red-contrib-telegrambot polling error

This has beed discussed here before, but I couldn´t find a working solution for me.
I tried to produce a simple echo with receiver and sender node like in the example.
Unfortunately all I get is "polling error" from the nodes.

Error Message:
EFATAL: Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established

Running Nodered on a RaspberryPI and using a Proxy for internetaccess.

NR Version 2.2.2
Node.js Version 14.19.0
node-red-contrib-telegrambot 11.2.4

grafik

Looks like you have created a feedback loop!
Try disconnecting the nodes and inject a message into the sender node, and attach a debug node to the output of the receiver node.

That´s what I wanted to to in the first step. To check if communication works in general.
Tried what you suggested, this it the Error Message in debug-tab:
Caught exception in sender node:
Error: EFATAL: Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established
when processing message:
{"_msgid":"24de97767221612a","payload":{"content":"Test","type":"message","options":{"text":"Test"}}}

I don't have TelegramBot set up here. I'm sure someone here who uses it will answer soon

Can you try it without a proxy?

I just looked in the node documentation and that should actually work!

Unfortunately not. Using the proxy is the only way, the device can connect to the internet since it is in a company network. Browsing the web etc. works fine.

Talk to your network administrator, the proxy may be blocking ports that Telegram needs to operate.

I´m checking with IT-department right now, coming back here when I have results.

Please turn on verbose logging and let us know what is printed there.

Can you please show your config node, so that we can see the settings?

Good morning,

verbose logging showed the same error as mentioned above:

EFATAL: Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established

I discussed the problem with our IT-Department on Friday and they think it´s most likely a problem caused by our proxy-server. It´s a pure http-proxy and therefore might not work for telegram.
So I guess I can´t use this node in this project unfortunately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.