Node-red docker is running but not showing on browser

Hi I've installed node-red on docker using port number as 1881 . When I click the run on docker GUI it shows node-red has started. But when I browse the localhost:1881 it shows nothing. I have test the port number by running docker getting started image. It is showing on the browser withouth any problem. What is causing this?

1. Which Docker command did you use to create the container?
  2. What is the output of $ docker logs -f "container_name" after starting the container?
  3. What is the output of $ sudo lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN

Hi, I've used the example one in the node-red docker documentation by changing the port.

docker run -it -p 1881:1881 -v node_red_data:/data --name mynodered nodered/node-red

Ok, you only answered one question ;-), but it should work like this

-p 1881:1880

Nodered is configured in settings.js to start on port 1880. So you have to link port 1880 from inside the container to 1881 on the host.
Attention, if you have a local firewall running, you still have to release port 1881.

1 Like

Hi, I have tried docker logs -f mynodered in the docker CLI. It says /bin/sh: docker: not found. BTW I am using docker on windows with WSL2.

Ok, thanks for the info. Is the container now running (-p 1881:1880) and accessible with:

http://"IP-of-Docker-Host":1880/

Ok, i prefer docker on Unix-Machines, but installed docker on my local Windows Notebook. It is working!

1 Like

@davall Thanks for the help and the explanation now it's working.

1 Like

@noob69 If you want to use nodered in "production", you better work with docker-compose. It is more flexible to configure and helps with different images and error analysis.

1 Like

@davall Thanks for the advice I will work on it. :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.