Node-red.log in Temp Folder

I would like to address the issue regarding the Node-red.log file size in the Temp folder located on the C-drive. The file size has been consistently increasing, reaching sizes as high as 60 GB and continues to grow. We need to implement measures to manage this growth and ensure its efficient management.

To tackle this, I propose implementing a strategy to split the Node-red.log file on a daily basis. By doing so, we can efficiently manage the file size and delete unnecessary logs as needed. This approach will help us maintain system efficiency while ensuring essential log data is retained for analysis and troubleshooting purposes.??????

You did not state so, but I can infer from the mention of "C-drive" that you are running node-red on windows.

Node-RED typically does NOT log to file on windows.

At a guess you have either redirected the output of Node-RED to a log file or you are using pm2 or some other service runner?

In my old day job, I would run node-red via nssm, pipe the node-red output to file and have nssm take care of file rotation.

Would you like to post a section of the log? It sounds as if you have something spamming the log with messages. 60GB of log is vast. My system logs a few messages a minute. I estimate that it would take about 240 years to get to 60GB.

Copy/paste please, not screenshot.

Most running node-red use Linux (I think), where log rotation is, of course, handled automatically.