Node Traffic Monitoring

Good day learned fellows...

I am trying to find out if there is a dashboard/status/Info screen that lists the traffic through nodes on a "live" basis...

I have a situation developing where "node-traffic" (I think) grabs a fair bit of horsepower on occasion at irregular intervals from the pi and I would like to see where the traffic is heaviest to try and sort it out....

Any Suggestions?

Cheers
Ed

Hi Ed,
You can use my node-red-contrib-msg-speed node to measure how many messages per time unit pass through a wire. And recently I have published the node-red-contrib-msg-size node, which allows to measure how many bytes per time unit pass through a wire (to measure the throughput).
Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for coming back to me!

Unfortunately my "little" project has got a bit large...

I need a more "global" approach to try and find the bottlenecks... Pretty much like the "top" or "htop" functions... Once I can find the busy nodes, then for the deeper analysis your goodies would be A1!!

Any ideas on how to do this? Is it even possible?

Regds
Ed

That has been asked a couple of times in the past. Don't think it is possible, based on those discussions.

In settings.js you can turn on metrics - this is will log a much finer level of timing detail. However we have been waiting for many years for someone to create a nice analyser for that log :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.