Nodered and Home Assistant to manage your solar system

Here's a very short demonstration of what you can create with Nodered and Home Assistant without knowing how to program. Yes, it's real ! :innocent:
This video is mainly intended for the Nodered and HA-CF forums, who helped me a lot in the making of this software.

2 Likes

At first - I thought you'd got NodeRED to control THE solar system :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That will be coming in V4 I believe, but will require root privileges to run correctly

4 Likes

Evrything is controlled by nodered.
All communications are via flows and serial or tcp nodes.
Home assistant has been added, because with it, users can create their own scenarios. They can control when to recharge their electric car, or change a parameter in the inverter according to the power supplied or the brightness. The marriage of the two is obvious to me.
If you want the graphics to be just the way you want them, HA is equipped for that.
Battery management is a big hit, because batteries are widely sold around the world.

2 Likes

I think you say the graphs are Grafana?

Is Grafana built-in to HomeAssistant?
I know we can use it with Node-red but it (and the database to feed it) have to be installed seperately.

In my case, I used a grafana add-on directly managed by home assistant. As well as influxdb.
These modules are nothing more than docker containers.

1 Like