Not able to install node-red-contrib-dmxusbpro

Hello everyone,

When trying to install "node-red-contrib-dmxusbpro" i am getting big errors. I don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot it myself. Hopefully someone can help me out here!

This is the error that i get:

5-11-2023 11:41:27msg : string[57]

"Installation of module node-red-contrib-dmxusbpro failed:"

5-11-2023 11:41:27msg : string[42]

"------------------------------------------"

5-11-2023 11:41:27msg : string[4289]

"npm WARN config production Use `--omit=dev` instead.↵npm ERR! code 1↵npm ERR! path C:\Users\richa\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-dmxusbpro\node_modules\serialport↵npm ERR! command failed↵npm ERR! command C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /d /s /c prebuild-install || node-gyp rebuild↵npm ERR! gyp info it worked if it ends with ok↵npm ERR! gyp info using node-gyp@9.1.0↵npm ERR! gyp info using node@18.10.0 | win32 | x64↵npm ERR! gyp info find Python using Python version 3.12.0 found at "C:\Users\richa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python312\python.exe"↵npm ERR! gyp info find VS using VS2022 (17.7.34221.43) found at:↵npm ERR! gyp info find VS "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community"↵npm ERR! gyp info find VS run with --verbose for detailed information↵npm ERR! gyp info spawn C:\Users\richa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python312\python.exe↵npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [↵npm ERR! gyp info spawn args 'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\node_modules\\node-gyp\..."

5-11-2023 11:41:27msg : string[42]

"------------------------------------------"

5-11-2023 11:41:27msg : error

"Error: Install failed"

Looking forward to receive some help from you! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum.

I have just had a look at the flows page and it would seem that this has not been updated recently...

Node Info

Version: 1.0.4
Updated 5 years, 2 months ago
License: ISC

It is not a Node I have ever used, but not being updated for that long, there is a good chance that it might not work. You could possibly raise a query on the GitHub page, or perhaps someone else in the Forum might be able to help.

To echo @mudwalker

That node has not been maintained, up to the point, it’s trying to use a serialport node version (6.2.0) that has seen major!! Breaking changes in its downstream dependencies, the same node is now at v10 (or even 11 - I can’t remember)

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Do you know a way to control my DMX lighting? I am using an Enttec DMX USB PRO.

Thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to install an earlier version of that node? And how can i manage to do that?

Thanks in advance!

My best 'offer' would be to search the flows page to see what else is out there for DMX

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.