Npm install question, node-red-contrib-onvif-nodes

If I run
npm install node-red-contrib-onvif-nodes
then I get version 0.0.1-beta.1, which is to be expected as this is the current version as seen on npmjs.com. However, if I run
npm install node-red-contrib-onvif-nodes@0.0.1-beta.6 as suggested on the node's github page then I apparently get that later version, which is not referenced on npmjs at all. How does that work? Does npm know to go to github to get it?

A subsidiary question, why does that node not appear at all when I search for it in the node-red palette manager?

Hi Colin,
Don't know an answer for the other question, but it doesn't appear in your manage palette because I haven't added the "node-red" keyword in my package.json file. It is not ready for a large audience yet ... And the API might change in the near future, so there might be breaking changes ...

1 Like

The .1 version has the latest tag, everything since has been published with the beta tag.

If you don't specify otherwise, npm will always install the version tagged latest.

2 Likes

Right, I see, versions visible in the Versions tab on npmjs (not surprisingly).
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.