Nr update node.js failed

I'm trying to update my NR setup for a couple of days now with the help of the raspberry bash script.
NR update to v2.2.0 is no problem, however node.js will not update to v16, it's still v12 This despite the --node16 option for the bash script to update the raspberry 3B+.

After studding the nodered-install.log I noticed the cryptic error Error executing command, exiting not very help full error.

Doing some googling and testing I noticed that apt-get xxxxx will give an error 404 Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80] Err:28 http ://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/blah blah
Most likely this error will also be the cause that node.js will not update.

2 questions;

• Is there a workaround to get node.js updated from another repository?
  • Can the error in the bash script made more clear? Preferable in the gui or at least in the error log.

Can you post the full result of running
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

When pasting the result use the </> button at the top of the forum entry window.

Yesterday and when started this topic 2 hours ago sudo apt full-upgrade gave me the *404 not found error, also after sudo apt update to update the repository's.

But now updating is working fine, update of the pi is in progress.
Will run the update NR bash file tomorrow again to see if node.js will update now. It's now to risky to run the bash, if somethings fails we sitting in the dark due uncontrollable lights and my wife will kill me.

That was a temporary network failure then.

You might find that the full-upgrade does the nodejs upgrade for you. It depends how far through it got before the network problem arose. As long as you don't restart node-red then it won't start using it, I think.

Once it has updated nodejs don't forget to go into the .node-red folder and run
npm rebuild
then restart node-red.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.