OMRON FINS Problems

Omron Fins

Hey I Have problem with the way to connect at sharing data from my PLC
Omron NX1p2

I tried to use the configuration flows by Steve-Mcl but i am not shure i am doing it right.
i always get the same error / problems message there says adress is empty

#Steve-Mcl

Settings

what is in your topic in the inject node?

thank for fast replying

thanks for fast replying

and there is your problem.

you have specified the address to query in the PLC as msg.topic

but you have not entered a PLC address in the inject...

Have you read the built in help?

It seems to me you are quite new to node-red (as that is a very basic skill) Perhaps you would benefit from first watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Hey Steve-Mcl

Thank for sharing you experince. I saw the playlist you showed me and I got me read command working Between the Plc and Node red. but i can't figure out to get my write command working. so i can write into my Global variables in my PLC.

do you have any advice about that problem, so i can find a solution

picture of my current setup

Note about project.
I am on my internship as PLC Engineer (In Denmark), and i having a school project where i try to develop a new HMI platform in node red dashboard. where i controll Omron LD 60 robot and some I/O.

Marcus

according to the 2nd picture (shows done below the fins-write) you have managed to write to PLC.

What do you mean by "global variables" anyhow? Named variables? That is not possible with FINS protocol.

I can see what you mean, but the value dosen't go into my watch & tab table, at sysmac

So i am not shure about, the value look at the picture below

How can I figure out that problem?

global variables I mean it just where i have my Outgoing variable in My plc program

check your ladder. are you writing to W200 in ladder?

also, try setting the payload to an array (e.g. msg.payload = [50])

1 Like

Steve-Mcl
Thank for you help Now it all worked well and i can continue my Project.

It helped to change the function note expression.

I am so thankfull.

Best regards Marcus

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.