Opc-ua iiot vs contrib- opc ua node

Hello!
the node red version i am using is 1.0.3 and unfortunately i am stuck with this (i cannot update it in any way).
I got a project from a coworker using in which he was using node-red-contrib-opcua.Unfortunately they have updated this pakage and due to this, it does not work with node red 1.0.3 anymore.

In order to make that project work, i have moved to node-red-iiot-opc-ua library but i cannot fully find the correspondence between the nodes.

Can someone help me? is there a way to downgrade the node-red-contrib in order to make it work with my node red version?

1 Like

Hi - you should be able to manually install a previous version by going into your user directory ( usually ~/.node-red ) and then running npm i node-red-contrib-opcua@x.y.z where x.y.z is the version that you know works... (and then stopping and restarting Node-RED )

Hello!
Unfortunately node red is pre-installed on a specific device that we outsource. The supported version of node red is the 1.0.3 and it is not possible to update it. Hence i got this issue with the installation of the specific version of the library

Fork your own version from my git and then just edit package.json

"node-red": {
"version": ">=1.3",

"engines": {
"node": ">=12"
},

There can still be a problem with node-opcua if the nodejs engine is older than 12 then it will not work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.