Philips Hue Tap Dial Node-Red

G'day all,

I'm relatively new to programming with node-red and am learning a lot on here.

I'm having trouble making my tap dial work with node-red.

The 4 buttons are working, what I'd like to do is make the dimmer function work.

Say, I press button 1, it needs to remember the button and when you turn the knob it should dim the light programmed on button 1. Same goes for 2, 3 and 4.

If 1 of the 4 buttons is pressed 3 times, all light should be dimmed with the dimmer.

Many thanks in advance.

This is my flow:

Hereby my output up and down:

{"command":"up","step_size":1,"transition_time":4}
{"command":"down","step_size":1,"transition_time":4}

Hope this will help.

Cheers, Thomas.

If you give more info about the output values of the tap dial, you may get more responses.

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

With this info others may be able to help, even if they don't use the tap dial themselves.

[edit]
I would love to help you kievitje, but there simply is not enough info and I do not use Hue. I understand what you want to do my I need to understand your messages and their sequences. Maybe a sample flow with you button and dimming messages set in some inject nodes would make things clearer for me and others.
Also what messages need to be sent to the light nodes to make them dim would be helpful to get a clearer understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.