"Pi Keyboard" not working after Node-Red upgraded from 1.3.7 to 2.1.3 (Raspberry Pi 3b+)

"Houston, we have a problem!"
I am using a barcode scanner that works like a keyboard. It worked fine, but after the Node-Red update, the "Pi Keyboard" went to the "Stopped" status (blinking with OK). The debug message is empty. For updating I used this script

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered) --confirm-pi --confirm-install --nodered-version=2.1.3

Who knows what the problem might be?

Do the other Pi nodes work?

Also, stop node-red and start it again in a terminal, and post the full output here please. When posting use the </> button at the top of the forum entry window and paste it in (not a screenshot please). To stop and start you can use
node-red-stop
node-red-start

And do you have the latest pi-gpio installed as well ? node-red-node-pi-gpio (node) - Node-RED

Yes GPIO in/out is work. Keyboard and Mouse not work

The issue is temporarily resolved, installed the previous version of node-red-node-pi-gpio (v1.2.3).The problem is in node-red-node-pi-gpio version 2.0.0, it doesn't work with keyboard and mouse.
node-red-node-pi-gpiov 1.2.3 works well with the new version of Node-Red (v2.1.3).
Therefore, be careful when installing a new version of Node-Red, because by default it installs node-red-node-pi-gpio@latest (v2.0.0). It took me half a day to find the reason ))

1 Like

Hopefully now fixed in gpio version 2.0.1

1 Like

Yes... it's working! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.