Port 1880 does not work in Docker on a Raspi 400

I an trying to install nodered over docker in Raspi 400. I have to use the command "docker run..." with all options as recommended in GitHub. Including "-p 1880:1880".

But when I run this command and try to see the nodered using "docker ps", I receive all correct data except Ports where I can see nothing.

When I try to connect to nodered via browser using "http://IP_number:1880" an error occurs telling me that the Raspi is not responding.

The Raspi IP is correct and working properly. Any suggestions to fix this problem?. Thanks a lot in advance.

Does the base OS of the pi already have an instance of node-red listening on 1880?

I have a brand new Raspi where I have installed only MQTT.

It is going to be an error in your Docker config, I'm pretty certain of that.

I don't use Docker just to run node-red so I can't help with that but we regularly see docker issues in this forum.

I'm afraid that you are going to have to go back through your docker config carefully. Where I do use Docker, I always use docker-compose to configure things, maybe that will help?

Can you share the command line instructions that you are using

The command is:

docker run --name nodered -itd --restart=always -p 1880:1880 -v /docker/nodered/data:/data nodered/node-red

And when the docker is created is always restarting every few seconds. This is an added problem.

Thank you un advance.

That is why you get the Not Responding message. Look in the docker log to see why it is restarting.

I appreciate any help to see where is that log and which command may I use.

Thanks a lot.

No idea, sorry, I don't use docker. Do you have a reason for using it? It adds complexity (as you are finding out).

Docker Logging: 101 Guide to Logs, Best Practices & More - Sematext

I will have a look later today - on the surface the command looks fine however there is clearly a problem

Open a terminal and enter

docker logs --follow --until=10m nodered

Keep it running and check where/why it restarts

This is:
docker run --name nodered -itd --restart=always -p 1880:1880 -v /docker/nodered/data:/data nodered/node-red

As soon as I execute that command, I receive this repeated several times, and stop:

Fatal error in , line 0

unreachable code

#FailureMessage Object: 0xbebea53c
./entrypoint.sh: line 14: 7 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) /usr/local/bin/node $NODEOPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js --userDir /data $FLOWS

May this indicate a mayor error in Docker or something else? Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.