Problem installing node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble

Hello all
I'm running node-red under docker (Node-RED version: v1.0.5 and Node.js version: v10.20.0) and
I'm trying to install node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble.
Hardware is RaspBerry Pi 4

I'm getting in the log

[warn] [node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble/xiaomi-ble] Error: EAFNOSUPPORT, Address family not supported by protocol

node-red is not running inside the docker as root, so following the documentation I landed on noble documentation and executed the setcap cap_net_raw+eip but the problem remains.
However, I don't think this is the problem as it occurs while installing the node via the palette.

Bluetooth from the host system is working with no problems using gatt commandline tool.

Any suggestion about how to correct the installation error?

Thanks in advance

I am not running docker, but had same problem installing node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble on raspberry pi4 , I also have a pi 3b which is working the only difference is that on that pi is node is v8.11.3

so I reverted node on the raspberry pi4 from v12. whatever it was to v8.11.3 and that resolved the problem. that also resolved the problem of installing node-red-contrib-oled and node-red-contrib i2c

I know its not the ideal solution, but until the nodes are updated to work with the latest node version its the only thing that worked for me.

sudo npm install -g n
then
sudo n 8.11.3
PATH="$PATH"
check that answer is v8.11.3
node -v
reboot
then reinstall node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble from the palette manager

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.