Problem Maximum call stack size exceeded using node-red-contrib-aedes

Hello.
I am using node-red to implement a MQTT broquer (node-red-contrib-aedes) and node-red its working in a Docker, Everything is working correctly but, I detect the following error

1 Jun 15:05:59 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
1 Jun 15:05:59 - [error] RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at AedesBrokerNode.Node.send (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:369:31)
    at Aedes.<anonymous> (/data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-aedes/aedes.js:319:14)
    at Aedes.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at PublishState.callPublished (/data/node_modules/aedes/aedes.js:255:15)
    at makeCallTwo (/data/node_modules/fastseries/series.js:150:3)
    at MQEmitter.release (/data/node_modules/fastseries/series.js:138:7)
    at MQEmitter.parallel [as _parallel] (/data/node_modules/fastparallel/parallel.js:25:12)
    at MQEmitter._do (/data/node_modules/mqemitter/mqemitter.js:133:8)
    at released (/data/node_modules/mqemitter/mqemitter.js:48:12)
    at MQEmitter.parallel [as _parallel] (/data/node_modules/fastparallel/parallel.js:26:7)

If I am not mistaken it is associated to the use of the node "node-network-contrib-aedes".

I don't get more information only that node-network restarts repeatedly 1 time every hour (more or less).

Please can anyone help me with this error?

There have been problems reported regularly with aedes node. You would almost certainly be better to install mosquito. It is faster, more feature rich, and solid. It is easy to install.

Thank you @Colin
But I have a question, is there a node for mosquito in node-red? I found a node (node-red-contrib-mqtt-broker), but I can't see it in the node palette.
Or are you suggesting that I install mosquito on the PC that contains node-red?

Yes. Assuming that is where you want it.

I try this way

It depends what you are using MQTT for, but it might be an advantage to run Mosquitto and indeed Node-red on a computer that you are happy to have running 24 hours a day. For me the perfect platform is a Raspberry Pi.

It’s not for everyone, but if you are using a FireBrick router/firewall, recent software updates have added a basic MQTT broker. It fits in nicely with the firewalling, letting you do things like allowing access from one specific Internet address

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.