Question about Alexa & Node-RED

I have just acquired an Alexa Echo Dot (got to keep up with the grandkids) so I thought I would integrate it into my node-RED controls.

I have installed node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home and node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel. Both work well. I can get Alexa to chat with me and I can use the app (Android) & voice to get Alexa to turn things On & Off etc.

However, I have not been able to get the app to show me the current state of my devices (nor does the app show a colour control for a colour LED lamp)

According to what I have read this should be automatic with the virtual node, but just in case I tried sending Alexa the status of the devices, still no joy.

So the question is, is this as expected?, if not what do I need to do to sort it out?

Node-RED v 3.02, NPM v 16. Latest nodes

OK so I found the answer when I tried to install more than 7 devices. Only the paid for version supports updating the Alexa app

You should be able to use the smarthome/routine node from the remote2 nodes to update the alexa app.

Install > 7 devices on what?
What paid for version?
What Alexa app?

Node-RED using node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home
node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home
Android Alexa app

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.