Raspberry Pi Live Stream

Hi all, I'm pretty new to node red and still learning and recently set up some raspberry pi cameras. They are RPI 3B+'s running Raspbian and Node Red along with the Pi Camera Module V2. The basic gist of what I'm doing is continuously recording video and then when a PLC triggers, saving the video from 5 seconds before to 5 seconds after the trigger happened. On top of this, I want to be able to see the live feed of the camera, which I have setup in a separate tab on the dashboard from my PLC trigger recording. My issue is that I want the camera live feed to be accessible via a website I have setup, and I don't want to have to manually switch to the live feed tab and deploy the flow every single time. Is it possible for me to put a link to the live feed on the website which will trigger the live feed flow to start and then return to PLC trigger recording after 30 seconds of viewing? If so, I haven't figured it out yet and could really use help.

Not quite sure how you have this configured... is it two tabs in the dashboad ?
If so you can use the ui_control node to switch tabs (by sending it the tab number or name) so you can have a button to switch to the other tab - then a delay node or trigger node to switch it back.... maybe.

That's part of what I'm looking for, thanks. My setup is indeed two tabs on the dashboard, I cannot find the ui_control node in the dashboard however. Is it a downloadable extension? I couldn't find anything on the internet either...

Here you can see where you should find (down in the left corner in my view below)

1 Like