So, I looked to see what might be causing this and I'm not sure if its how I have everything set up or if it is the https auth I am using, but...
- I can connect locally to my NR using the local.host (or IP address) using https and adminAuth and the admin GUI works perfectly.
- However, while connecting to NodeRed admin page remotely over https and then logging in to the admin page, I can connect but am then consistently met with "Connection Lost" error and the minute count down to reconnect.
- Weirdly though, I am still able to edit and deploy nodes no problem and see their update in real time on the dashboard (see image below.)
Is there a step I've missed or is this a result of something outside of NodeRed that I need to address?
My NR Setup + Config
- NR Running on a RasPi3,
- Connecting remotely using Macbook
- Local (to NR) Router has external port forwarded to 1880
- settings.js modifications:
- var fs = require("fs");
- adminAuth type: credentials
- https key/cert are correct
- requireHttps: true
I followed this tutorial here to set it up: