Rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive

Yes, I'm sure that I've done an injection, before nodes were connected to an MQTT-out node, so they got at least one message

ok, but the "N/A" is not normal as we have now!
Alan

[edit]
and I've got 4 LEDs physically connected to GPIOs and they were not working!

Not normal as my node-red is running on a AWS EC2 and not a PI

Yes, but I'm not working in AWS but in a Pi! And, as I just saw, the GPIOs were broken!!

Inject a 1 into the GPIO

The bottom should show 1 for the pin to go high

At the moment that I've did the screen, GPIOs are already connected to MQTT nodes and they receive data from network

Alan

[edit]
so at the moment are receiving 0 from MQTT

Out of interest, what was the issue?

The base OS has now finally dropped python2 and also finally which python points to python3 - so we have to ensure we use that (and yet drop back if not available)

I have now pushed 2.0.0 to be the default install.

1 Like

Ah yes, thanks.

Just confirming that re-running the install script got my new install up and running and controlling pins :slight_smile:
Interestingly though - if I type python2 in a command prompt I get

Aah - it's that it doesn't have an RPi.GPIO python2 library

Just in case anyone else is struggling with this as I have been for a few days.
I have one particular Pi running OMV backups and use GPIO for cooling and LED status.
Having tried the install script and everything else I could think of, it was installing the python3-rpi.gpio package that fixed it for me.
'sudo apt-get install python3-rpi.gpio' and everything worked after a reboot.

Thanks @Colin

Welcome to the forum @ApronCricket.

What version of node-red-node-pi-gpio are you using? You can check in Manage Palette.

I was running into the same issue as the thread opener and this ultimately fixed my issue.

All the other later-mentioned solutions did solve the issue for me.

Thanks for all your effort guys, highly appreciate it!

The same question for you, what version of the node are you running?

I'm on 2.0.0 now. It was the upgrade to this that started the issue.
I'm not sure which version I was on before the update though.
I have a standard Pi OS install, with OMV and Node Red only.
I updated everything on the OS and OMV, then ran through the available updates in the Node Red pallet manager - bringing me up to node-red-node-pi-gpio 2.0.0.
I noticed the GPIO issues, so ran the update script for Node Red. This didn't work, so I did the update script with --update-nodes which didn't help, then with --node16 just in case.
After fumbling for a day I checked the startup logs in node red and found the 'Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive' warning, which led me here. I tried the 2.0.0-beta4, then back to 2.0.0, then finally tried phython3-rpi.gpio.
I have a few more Pi's to update this week with various NR versions, so hopefully they go smoothly.
Let me know if I can provide anything further to help. I'm by no means an expert, but can follow instructions.

Sorry I should have supplied that information :slight_smile: While going through my logs I realised that for me it was NOT upgrading to Bullseye. It rather started like this: I was going through an update run on multiple devices and installed Node-RED version: v2.1.3 using the node-red script:

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

As a consequence I had an issue with the GPIOs appearing as "N/A" in Node-RED. I then went through Linux update / upgrade commands hoping it would solve it and ran into the system update to Bullseye. The update didn't change anything.
Then I consulted this thread and using the command below It was fixed:

Hope this somehow helps.

I meant the version of the GPIO node. There is now a further new version of that node available.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.