RPI Passive Heatsink getting hot running new install RPI with Node Red

I'm not sure if this is Node Red related but I've noticed this issue when I installed everything to run Node Red on a new RPI.
I've installed Node Red on an RPI ( see details below RPI A ) in 2019 and all runs fine. The heatsink on the RPI A doesn't even seem to warm up even if the CPU temp is 44.5°C

Recently I've bought a second RPI ( see details below RPI B ) and installed everything to run Node Red with the same node flow as in RPI A. The Heatsink on RPI B gets noticeably hotter then the RPI A. The Heatsink gets so hot that if feels uncomfortable to touch.
I first thought the RPI B was broken or it had an issue with the power supply so I installed all the latest software ( clean install with a different flash card ) on the RPI A. And it had the same effect, the Heatsink got very hot compared to RPI running all the software of 2019.

My question, did anyone notice this significant temperature difference of the components compared to previous installs?
Is this a Linux issue? And how can I install previous versions of the OS on the RPI?

If anybody could help me cause I would like to build the RPI in a case.
Thanks in advance for any useful tip.

DETAILS RPI A:

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
$ cat /etc/debian_version
$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.19.66-v7+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 11:49:46 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux
$ node --version
v12.20.1
Heatsink: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07KPFPFCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DETAILS RPI B:

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
cat /etc/debian_version
uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7+ #1421 SMP Thu May 27 13:59:01 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
Heatsink: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07KPFPFCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does it get hot if NR is not running?

This soundl like something you should ask on the Raspberry Pi Forums - Index page

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.