Setting up this dashboard (NR/Mosquitto/web page)

Hi,

A search has revealed a couple of similar requests mostly linked to the NR dashboard.

I wish to develop the below architecture for displaying data from sensors, I have the plc, rpi and mosquitto comms setup, I just need some peoples thoughts on the options available to display the data from the broker to a dashboard, it needs to be accessible through the internet, needs to be secure.

Any experiences?

That is what Node-RED is for. Add MQTT-in nodes, format the data if needed then pass to your Dashboard.

Well, this is a complex question but LOTs has already been written on the subject and there is no need to repeat it here.

Hi,

Apologies when I said dashboard I was refering to a html/css web page dashboard opposed to the /ui.

Indeed there has been alot wrote about the subject, no need to repeat. I agree.

However, I would be interested to hear from anyone with recent experience of a similar project..

Thanks.

If you want to directly access your MQTT broker from a non-Node-RED web page, you will need to configure the broker to allow websocket connections. Then you can use a browser-based MQTT library.

Of course, all of the usual security caveats apply including some extra ones for securing websockets.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.