Something has really messed up on one of my machines

Ok, I have made mistakes, but to the best of my knowledge, all those stupid ones have been put to rest and things are good.

I have as a main machine a NUC and I test flows on it and when they work I export the flows to the RasPies.

Today's voyage I am looking at a RasPi with a PiFace CAD board.

There is a node which allows writing messages to this display easily from NR.

I am trying to get it installed but while doing this somehow node-red-contrib-ui has got into the system.

To remove it, I am going to have to delete all the nodes using it - yes?

I tried removing all the ui nodes but got this error when I tried to remove it:

2020-01-11T00_15_55_474Z-debug.txt (367.4 KB)

No.

contrib-ui is the predecessor to node-red-dashboard. It provides older versions of many of the same nodes as dashboard.

You need to go to ~/.node-red and run npm uninstall node-red-contrib-ui.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have got that done - in the mean time.

Now, weirdly, I am using the standard dashboard buttons/things.

Yet, when I try to load the dashboard, it says there are no items there.

Thoughts?

Ok, I have got things working better than before.

I am installing a new node from the CLI/Terminal.

This is part of what I see:

gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node" "--module_name=serialport" "--module_path=/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport/build/Release"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport
gyp ERR! node -v v10.18.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.0.5
gyp ERR! not ok 
npm WARN node-red-contrib-ui-led@0.3.1 requires a peer of node-red-dashboard@2.14.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! serialport@4.0.7 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@4.0.7 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2020-01-12T11_39_08_712Z-debug.log
pi@PIFACE:~/.node-red $ 

The parts of concern to me are:
npm WARN node-red-contrib-ui-led@0.3.1 requires a peer of node-red-dashboard@2.14.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

Errr, ok. Required dashboard@2.14.x but none is installed.

From said machine:

So is that a contrib-ui-led problem?

Just asking.
Thanks in advance.

Second problem/concern is the mention of the serial.port.

gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node" "--module_name=serialport" "--module_path=/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport/build/Release" gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport

I'm not even going to try and understand that.

Sorry. I may google it but I feel/fear it will be one of these cases where the answer is written for people who already know what the problem is, rather than people like me.